Monday, December 27, 2010

Hello Dollies, Holiday Wishes, Twilight Time, They Will, They Will Rock You

I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas!


Flashback: My 2002 Holiday Barbie


****Newly acquired dolls ****
Before I could return to Barbiecollector.com, Barbra had been sold out!  I was able to find her at Walmart.com and picked her up along with my daugher's ipod touch accessory kit and another doll, at my local Wal-mart without extra shipping costs.
Her name "Barbra Streisand" did not photograph well.



Looking sleek in her red dress and dark curly hair, is the reproduction of 1980's Black Barbie.  She has the Steffie face mold.  She reminds me very much of the beautiful and talented actress/singer, Melba Moore. 




For my daughter's Twilight collection, I purchased the seemingly rare Alice Cullen doll at ebay.   I purchased Jacob along with Barbra and my daugher's ipod touch accerories on my walmart.com order. We like Alice's outfit and someday soon be able to imitate the look. I did not think that this Jacob has any resemblance of Taylor Lautner. 

Earlier this year, I purchased the Bella and Edward dolls.

 The back of the boxes sometimes are interesting and have some artistic value.
Victoria will complete the collection. 

From a decade ago, my Celebrate Millenium Teresa.


From 1997: the 10th Happy Holidays Barbie, one of my favorite dress designs in the series.  If I am not mistaken, she has the "superstar" face mold.




From 2004, another Holdiay Barbie.



On a musical note, here are the vibrantly stunning Hard Rock Barbies in rock, goth, and rockabilly styles (2006, 2008. 2009).  If I were asked to vote for which I liked best out of the three, it would be the doll on the right.  I thought rockabilly was a throwback to 50's rock and roll.  The doll on the right seems more like Bettie Page meets Katy Perry, a Biker Chick and Fredericks.  I can easily imagine a Kate Perry Barbie that would most resemble the rockabilly doll.  My daughter the goth and rockabilly Hard Rock Barbies. 

I give credit to artists of the boxes,
 From the sides:
 From the tops of the boxes:
 The back views:

Besides doll collecting, I like to sew during my spare time.  I prefer working with retro/vintage patterns due to their distinctive and flattering styles. 

I recently sewed for my daughter a pair of matching Charger footbal fan fleece capelets or shawls which are also reversible.  I used a current Simplcity pattern.


Then with just one turn of the cloak, we acquired our cheetah spots!



 
It's fun to play dress up, just like Barbie.

We wish you a very happy new year!

No comments: