Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter from Wendy, Angelina, Barbie, and Ken

I recently received two sets of dolls, the "Wendy Loves Angelina Ballerina" by Madame Alexander and "She Said Yes" with Barbie and Ken.  My daughter adores the "Wendy Loves Angelina Ballerina" set because she dances ballet and also likes the adorable "Angelina Ballerina" books.  I purchased these from Amazon and the box that they were shipped in arrived crushed at one end like an accordion, which resulted in their respective boxes being dented.  Amazon.com needs to work on proper shipping techniques using larger boxes with protective inserts such as bubble wrap and styrofoam cushioning for support, and marking "Fragile: Handle with Care" somewhere on the shipping box. I was able to receive a replacement for the "Wendy Loves Angelina Ballerina" doll within 2 days.   The dolls pictured below are the originals one that I received.  So I have to ship these cuties back to Amazon. 



The dent on the box is more visible in person.


Here's the "She Said Yes!" Barbie and Ken.  Barbie looks lovely in a striped swimsuit, a modern-day version of the 1959 original.  Ken does look handsome, but his hair seems a bit odd. The picture does not show clearly the "crushed" characteristic due to the poor shipping and handling. The Amazon.com representative said that I could not receive a replacement for whatever reason due to being sold from a different vendor (although they both arrived in the same box), and so offered a refund instead.  But I decided not ship this pair back to Amazon, and opted to keep it instead.  I'll let my daughter open this box and play with the dolls.  I'll just buy another pair for display.




Have a beautiful Easter with many blessings!

No comments: