Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Depp-Water Caribbean Cruz

Ahoy Mateys!  Mattel brings a  pair of swashbuckling pirates from the high seas.  They do bear a more than decent resemblance to Johnny and Penelope in their roles as Jack Sparrow and Angelica.


My husband, daughter, and I enjoyed "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" three months ago.



Also special mention to Ian Macshane for his incredible portrayal of Blackbeard. I wonder if a "Blackbeard" doll will come to fruition.






"Jack Sparrow".  Mattel did a fine job in re-creating his costume. This sparrow quickly flew away from the Barbiecollector.com website just when the movie was playing at the theaters .  Just when I thought he was available, he was already sold out.  I purchased him, Angelica, and two sold-out "Basics" Barbies in denim from Amazon.com.



Johnny Depp on the cover of "Entertainment Weekly" with the silver chalice.


In the late 1980's, Johnny was a heartthrob in the series "21 Jump Street".  My sister and thought he was quite a cutie back then. 


Johnny with"21 Jump Street" his gorgeous co-star Holly Robinson who still looks fab 20 years later.


"Angelica" looking stylish in her pirate outfit.  It's hard to believe that Penelope was a few months pregnant during filming.




I wonder if the same face mold were used for both the "Angelica" Barbie and the Spain Barbie. Coincidentally Penelope is also a Spanish beauty.


Already a new mom in the June 2011 issue of Vogue. Wow!



At 37, she still can charm the camera.


My Penelope Cruz that I purchased personally from Senor Juan Albuerne, a doll "repaint" artist and caricature artist of Spain, nearly a decade ago.  Mr. Albuerne transformed a Hamilton "Candi" doll into Penelope with much precision and skill. 


Here's Mr. Albuerne's website featuring this doll:
http://www.juanalbuerne.com/PenelopeCruz.html


Johnny and Penelope with her new "star" on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.  She also was pregnant with her own "little star".



What's next for Sparrow and Angelica? We will have to wait for their next adventure. Arrrrrrrr!!!



No comments: