Saturday, January 05, 2013

Doll-lighted to Meet Liz "Violet Eyes" and Barbie "City Shopper"

What a pleasant surprise! Two lovely ladies arrived yesterday, ready to welcome 2013.

Elizabeth Taylor, "Violet Eyes", with the Silkstone body. She is more gorgeous in person. 

 Photobucket


Although she is no longer with us, her legend lives on.



Here is a Dame Taylor as a young mom holding her son Christopher Edwards Wilding.  She always has taken precious pictures with her children.
Photobucket 


Ready to shop for stylish fashions and enjoy the busy city life is "City Shopper" Barbie.  I purchased her at Amazon.com. I anticipate that this doll will be sought-after by Barbie collectors with her "Steffie" face type and attired in a Missoni-esque  or seemingly Missoni-inspired zig-zagged halter style dress.
 Photobucket

 Photobucket 


While still on the topic of Missoni, I though this model exemplified the "Barbie City Shopper" look with her Steffie type pout and her Missoni mini-dress (from Nordstrom.com)

Photobucket 


Two women who have been fashion icons for decades
 Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: the two dolls are awesome. I have also City Shopper but AA version. They are very stylish. I congratulate you for your purchase .. Keep in touch