Last May, I purchased twenty-six dolls (there's two in one box) to update my collection. I received an email for an additional 20% off the sales price. Shipping came to $12.85, which is super considering a big box and another box that came a few days later. It's a matter of finding more "bookshelf space" to make room. Eventually, I might have to downsize by way of ebay.
I shipped 10 dolls back to the Barbie warehouse because they arrived in crushed boxes due to a combination of poor packing and UPS handling. On the invoice, I packed, I made a pleadingly polite note to bubble wrap the dolls, use a sufficient amount of styrofoam peanuts, and to print "Fragile and Handle with Care" on the return boxes.
These three from the Pop Life collection all arrived in crushed boxes.
The lady checked on my order and there was no record of the two dolls to be shipped separately, or no record of them being exchanged. Fortunately, there was a note of the those two dolls damaged with the other eight from a previous conversation with a customer representative. So, if I had not double checked my replacement dolls and spoken with a customer representative, then they would have been forgotten.
I have to send in a copy of my shipping receipt to BarbieCollector because they have not refunded what I paid for shipping. I included a reminder in the invoice to do so, and it was not done. My overall experience with this company has not been something to rave about. So, I thought about posting a note of caution, if you ever order from BarbieCollector, or any company in general.
There were three dolls that arrived in their own sealed "shipper" cardboard boxes, because they were from the "Gold Collection" series. My 7 year old daughter Heather snatched the Scarlet Macaw Barbie, the minute I removed the lid of the exclusive boxes. She is much more stunning in person.
From Byron Lars' Chapeux collection, the mesmerizing Pepper. I like the way he combines classic looks with a modern day edge. Byron has always designed uniquely beautiful dolls, merging cultural elements with haute couture. This is my first Byron Lars Barbie, and wish I had purchased his earlier dolls. His attention to detail is impressive.
I totally love the 80's! Here's a tribute to a fun and creative decade:
A Twist and Turn Barbie wearing Red, White, and Warm (1969) from the "Gold Label" collection. The little curl on her forehead is adorable!
Commemorating the 30th anniversary of the famous musical motion picture, Sandi's friends Rizzo and Frenchy spreading Grease as the word. Pink hair is still cool.
Here are pairs of dolls to celebrate sisterhood. These adorable dolls remind me of AA versions of Barbie and Kelly. Heather already has the pair Trichelle and Janessa. Now Kara and Kianna and are added to our family. Each pair of sisters come with a hobby or talent such as music, art or dance. These dolls are designed by Stacey MacBride-Irby who has been a Barbie designer for more than 10 years.
From the Barbie Basics series, model number 3 with the recognizable "Steffie" face, one of my all time favorite Barbie face molds. This is Heather's favorite of the series. These dolls are ideal for OOAK or one a kind creations.
Since 1981, Joan Jett got me singing "I Love Rock and Roll" in 1981. The King of Rock and Roll sung what was probably the original music video Jailhouse Rock in 1957. So, Lady Gaga, you are not original in terms of a prison setting in your video "Telephone" .
Have a glitzy dolly-wood of a day!

1 comment:
love your dolls
Post a Comment